About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO

From 1 October 2014, the paper tax disc will no longer need to be displayed on a vehicle windscreen. If you have a tax disc with any months left to run after this date, then it can be removed from the vehicle windscreen and destroyed.

Customers with a Northern Ireland address will still need to display their MoT disc.

There is a video available (Goodbye to the tax disc) which explains that the tax disc will no longer be issued from 1 October 2014. You can watch the video on our YouTube channel.

You can apply online to tax or SORN your vehicle using your 16 digit reference number from your vehicle tax renewal reminder (V11) or 11 digit reference number from your log book (V5C)

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vehicle-tax-changes

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Also the tax grabbing Gov has put in place that you can't transfer tax on a vehicle when you sell it..it has to finish with the previous owner and you tax it a fresh...BUT if it's 3 weeks into the month it'll only be back dated to the beginning of the month so the vehicle gets taxed twice for that period...refunds on tax disks are also slanted to making this happen...so effectively you can't tax a vehicle without being ripped off by the Gov unless it's on the last or first day of the month !!!!!!

Incredible they have taken a simple system and fiddled it to an almost criminal level !!! not only that but the systems to put this in place aren't even sorted yet at DVLA...so guess who'll get an atumatic fine for no tax when it all goes wrong...and wqe all know how accessable and fair fighting your corner is with the DVLA...

It's a shocking scam...and a bodge !!

Rant over

• This is not about saving drivers money at all, it's just another way of making money. Basically they want to stop sellers from passing on tax and force each individual to buy tax which means drivers will end up spending more because they could lose hundreds of pounds as they will not be getting refunds on purchased tax even if the car is sold before the tax runs out. This will obviously be more than the price of a stamp and envelope which does even cost £5 if done every 6 to 12 months. Also, currently you can return unexpired tax discs and get refunds if you wish to sell your car without tax. Guess that won't be an option anymore. Also, it's stupid because a lot of people will forget to purchase tax online. Especially those with large families. It's easier for working mothers etc to remember to buy tax because they see the discs on the windows. Take that away then more 'crimes' will be committed un-intentionally but the government don't care they will make anything up to £1000 from it good profit margin A.
  • PRO Supplier

Not having a visual reminder of the expiry date could be an issue - it must be saving a lot of trees with the sheer number of cars on the road though!

On a slightly different note, cars will look pretty strange without tax discs. Some of the holders you see are brilliant too!

• PRO Supplier

I've just bought my tax disc from the Post Office, where I was told that they'd been told that reminders will still be sent out at the appropriate time, so we won't have the tax disc in front of us daily to remind us to retax, but at least we'll have something.

Can I put a plea in for people to buy their discs at the Post Office? If we don't use them, we'll lose even more of them.

• PRO

Infographic_non%2520Interactive%5B1%5D.jpg

• They still will be issuing post reminders!

Also yif you sell a vehicle and there is outstanding tax on it you can apply for a refund not sure how! Maybe they should introduce a monthly direct debit and then you can cancel it when you sell and your not waiting months for a refund!

Acacia Groundcare Hire said:

Not having a visual reminder of the expiry date could be an issue - it must be saving a lot of trees with the sheer number of cars on the road though!

On a slightly different note, cars will look pretty strange without tax discs. Some of the holders you see are brilliant too!

• Just had my new disc through.
    It came printed on A4 paper without any special effects as apparently the DVLA had run out of stocks so are printing their own. As all info is now held electronically this might become a collectors item in a couple of hundred years time?
    Bern

• On a side note, no mention has been made by the government as to how many people will lose jobs over tax disc abolition have they? printers and the like? or will they just have to unplug an automated printing press!?

• just got a refund through for my old berlingo - £100 quid back - I was under the impression that the new system wont do refunds?

• Really David? I was under the impression you would get an automatic refund for unused full months whilst the new owner would have to re-tax it including for the month they buy it. Only one version can be correct, not both but possibly neither. Has anybody looked into this properly folks?

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…