About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO

Tanaka THT 2530 hedge trimmer review

Promised this review to several people a while ago, its just been sometime getting here!

I bought this earlier this year as a replacement for my much loved but very worn Echo HC210 cutter that finally gave up and became too 'asthmatic' to be reliable (I am sure anyone that has used a 'well worn' two stroke knows what I mean).

Good points:

Faster blade speed than a lot of cutters out there mean it effortlessly sweeps across leylandii hedges or any other 'fine', leaving a perfect cut.

Comes with a deflector plate as standard - never realized how much this speeds the job up - clippings no longer drop onto the top of the hedge but can be 'flicked' to the floor - takes a bit of practice if you have never used one before though. Easily removable if not required.

Heavy duty reinforced gear case - pressure grease points for fast maintenance.

Two year professional, five year domestic warranty.

Starts easily, runs very well - blades get up to speed quickly.

Clear fuel tank - easy to see the fuel level - unlike my other Tanaka equipment that has orange tanks.

Blades hold an edge for a LONG time.

'Noise reduction' system works well - deadening the sound - useful in residential areas. (obviously ear defenders are still recommended to be used) 

Seems well balanced for a 30" trimmer - better than the Echo it replaced which was 'engine heavy' 

Reasonable price for a pro hedge trimmer at around £400 (prices may vary locally)

Good back up from my local dealer when I have needed parts for other Tanaka equipment - my THT 2530 came less than 7 days after ordering it.

Bad points

Fuel tank is quite small and seems to empty quite quickly, which can become a little annoying on larger jobs.

Single sided cutters are not for everyone (its all I have ever used so all I know)

Relatively heavy (5.4KG) - but what pro machine isn't?

Aluminium deflector can get bent out of shape easily if roughly handled - minor niggle really. 

Obviously not really suitable for rough, tough cutting - eg hedge reductions etc.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good review! I had a Tanaka about ten years ago and it was very good, my dealer doesn't keep them though so repairs would always be a pain.

At least the smaller fuel tank forces you to take regular breaks, not a bad thing on a long job.

This reply was deleted.

Trade green waste centres

<!-- Google tag (gtag.js) --> <script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=G-WQ68WVXQ8K"></script> <script> window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'G-WQ68WVXQ8K'); </script>

LJN Sponsor

Advertising