About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO

Best Landscaper Apps for iPads (or iPhones)

If you're an iPad user, I Just thought I'd detail some of the work related Apps that I have found really useful. I don't mean games, news, social media etc, but Apps that provide useful productivity in our "day job";

Project Quote - simple App to generate instant quotes. You set up your quote format, inc logo, you can maintain a list of 'line/standard items' that can be pulled in to your quote, and here's the killer - you can generate a Quote on the spot and email it as a PDF to your client. Output - great, impact - massive.

PhotoShare or WiFi Photo - allows exchange of digi pics between WiFi devices and/or WiFi printer

Trees Of Britain - Databse of main British trees - photos, examples etc, info

Landscape Companion - not my fav as far too US centric, but does have some useful info & pictures to educate clients on shrub styles/forms/colours/growth etc

Site Survey - One I like and use often. An advanced measuring tool using iphone/ipad camera. Handy alternative to a laser distance meter. Accurate enough for our use.

Penutlimate - Most used App on my iPad. Not just for free style writing with finger or iPad pen, but great for making initial sketches of sites, gardens, noting measurments etc. Pages can be stored in Notebooks, printed, sent via email as PDF files. Once tried you'll see what I mean. Wicked.

Forgot one...

QR Reader - Still getting my head around how we can utilise this concept further. Massive, Massive potential

App Store price for the above varies from free - to 69p to 1.99 to 2.99. Hardley expensive. 

Go on make you life easier - try them

Now, who can recommend other REAL work related  Apps ? 

Most of these are iPhone/iPad compatible, so if you make any recommendations let us know if they are for iPad, iPhone or work on both)

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• fantastic list Gary will check them out.

I'll add - Chimpadeedoo - if you do an email newsletter with mailchimp (free unless you want advanced features) you can get clients to sign up with an ipad or phone device. - no problem if off line, the minute you sync when you get home, all their details go straight to your email database, and sends off a welcome email.

Photomgr pro. - I use for my portfolio of pictures. - Normal ipad just stores them in date order (not always the best for showing a range of work)

Quickvoice for i-phone, - never have to worry about having hands clean enough to write with pen and paper, - I just grab my phone and talk my thoughts into it.

• PRO
    Dear Gary

Can the Site Survey app only work on the iPhone or can the iPhone app be used on the iPad (I have an iPad but not an iPhone!)

Many thanks

Nick
  • PRO

Nick,

There is not an explicit iPad version but it downloads and installs as an iPhone App on the iPad. I mainly use it on the iPhone but have tried out the iPad version and it seems to work ok. Measurements are the same. The screen is not optimised for the iPad, it just displays (and is sized) just as per the iPhone verion.

• Met Office for good local weather forecasts

Battery Doctor, nowt to do with landscapes but helps eke out phone life

Convert Units , because you always have to convert yards to Metres or vice versa for someone

CalAlarm to make sure you don't miss appointments

CoPilot UK to get you there

RAC Traffic to find out why you're stuck

TidesPlan11 for when you'd rather go fishing!

• PRO

Many thanks Gary, I thought as much!
    Gary RK said:

Nick,

There is not an explicit iPad version but it downloads and installs as an iPhone App on the iPad. I mainly use it on the iPhone but have tried out the iPad version and it seems to work ok. Measurements are the same. The screen is not optimised for the iPad, it just displays (and is sized) just as per the iPhone verion.

• PRO

Gary - ref iBooks - to clarify, you can store non-iBook publication in it ?

So it becomes a libary of 'your' stuff no matter where it comes from ?

Never looked at it as I assumed it was for 'purchased' material only..

• I have just come across an app for invoices that looks great, called Invoice2Go. You can use a desktop program with it too and documents can be email directly from within the app. I actually use Android but it is available for Iphone/Ipad.

It also includes purchace orders, estimates etc too. Have a play and see what you think.

http://www.android-invoice2go.com/

http://www.iphone-invoice2go.com/faq_gen_ipad.aspx

http://www.invoice2go.com/

Can I make a suggestion that this thread be extended to other operating sytems and smart phones? Many of the apps are cross platform anyway and it would be a more inclusive discussion.

Neil.

• PRO

Stu, I did as well having been bought up on windows & windows mobile, but having borrowed an iPhone years ago I was so impressed with the ease of use, lack of technical issues and just a fantastic interface.

Within sensible reasons, there has not been anything I needed to do that I can't do on the iPad....

I can even link back to the office and control the system there and print locally ...

I guess its like Marmite - you love it or hate it. Me? I crossed the line and love it ;-)

• I got a new laptop a few weeks ago, working brilliantly and no problems. But I need an ipad lol

• I love my iPad and it will be used more an more in business. Thanks for the heads up on the apps, there are so many you to choose from you can often waste time using ones that aren't suitable.
    Currently i'm using panoramic 360, useful for, as the name suggests, for taking panoramic pictures of the site. It takes a bit of getting use to and doesn't give a perfect picture but it's good for reference.
    Evernote seems to have good potential, again for site work as you can attach photos and videos to your notes easily so everything is in one place. The pay for version looks very good but i'm not sure whether it's worth the price.
    Flipboard, although not a work app is a very cool way of following social network sites and more.
This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO

How Do You Qualify A Sales Lead?

I don't know about you, but our phones and emails are starting to get busy with enquiries. I've learned over the years that it's all too easy to answer the phone, arrange a consultation and then spend a couple of hours with a prospective client…

Read more…
Comments: 0