About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Mini digger - Kubota U-10 or K-008

The Kubota k-008 is 700mm wide with tracks in, weighs almost 1 tonne, not zero swing. Fits down most side passages to gardens.
The Kubota U-10 is 750mm wide with tracks in, and weighs 1.1tonne, is zero swing, 2 speed etc.

Does anyone else use mini diggers in London, and what do you think I should be doing? A U-10 or a k-008?

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well I have the k-008. And it goes through most gates... so that's most important! 50mm extra and your jobs are limited.

Most of all it needs to be reliable as if you get stuck behind a Victoria terrace your in big trouble / especially in London!!
  • I don't know the exact dimensions off the top of my head but we get asked to finance a lot of Takeuchi TB016 and TB108's I can see that the 108's are only about 740mm, seem a popular choice.

http://www.takeuchi-mfg.co.uk/products/mini-excavators/TB108.aspx

If you are thinking of financing one, give me a shout as we do this sort of thing all the time.

• I have used both a lot and found them very able to access back gardens. Where the u10 scores is in confined areas eg working close against fences or reducing a floor inside so you may be better off with the k008 unless the above is relevant.

The rear overhang on the k008 should make it slightly more capable in hard digging or root and stump pulling.

• I've got a Kubota k008 and to be honest there are very few gardens I cant fit it in, with a bit of lateral thought or persistence, that I know I wouldn't be able to fit a hired jcb in etc. n the few occasions where the overhang has been a problem, then its a shovel, but at least its not a shovel for the whole job. very reliable capable machine

• very reliable - ive had mine on its side for 24hrs /slipped on some holly stumps,roots ...

oils everywhere but it would not give in, started everytime we tried to grab it out with its own bucket and hydraulics still worked ! unbelieveable.

same engine -yanmar used on marine engines ...

Thermo said:

I've got a Kubota k008 and to be honest there are very few gardens I cant fit it in, with a bit of lateral thought or persistence, that I know I wouldn't be able to fit a hired jcb in etc. n the few occasions where the overhang has been a problem, then its a shovel, but at least its not a shovel for the whole job. very reliable capable machine

This reply was deleted.

Trade green waste centres

<!-- Google tag (gtag.js) --> <script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=G-WQ68WVXQ8K"></script> <script> window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'G-WQ68WVXQ8K'); </script>

LJN Sponsor

Advertising