About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Aches and Pains

The last month or so I have been really achey, especially in the mornings. I always have a bit of an achey back but I have pain in the muscles on my arms and shoulders and my legs, I didn't really have this before and my work is no more strenuous than it always has been.

Does anyone else have this? Any ideas what could be causing it? I'd like to think that it's not the onset of old age as i'm 34.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

Andy, go and get a check up mate, landscapers on here not Doctors, best get yourself checked over by the professionals.

Before you know it you'll have every ailment under the sun asking on here, best be safe and get checked out properly mate ;-)

• All the time Andy, but I'm 48!
    Best go to the doctors if your worried
  • Best advice from me is to do your best to take it easy for a month. Try and use equipment to save the strain. Say no to certain jobs, just keep your body rested and eat lots. No late nights either!

• No Paul, don't feel ill in the least, I rarely get colds/flu etc, it is purely muscle aches.

Paul @ PPCH Services said:

Scrub that, it could posibly be weils disease, especially if relativly recent, have you had any flue like symptoms or a lingering cold?

• Thanks Brian and Gary, I will go to the doctors if it continues, Just wondering if any one else gets it and whether it's something easily remedied, :-)

• PRO

Good mattress makes all the difference. I splashed out on a Tempur mattress last year and said goodbye to loads of aches and pains :) Paul @ PPCH Services said:

I would look at changing your matress, After back pains 2 years back this was one of the thing my physio advised along with changing computer chairs to one that suports the whole back, the matress made the most imediate differance.

These two things coupled with  the comfort drivers seat in the new sprinter van and streaching excercises to strengthen my core muscles have kept me pain free the last couple of years.

Udder mint from the farmers merchant also helps with the actual pain as it stimulates blood flow.

• Thanks Dan, this is exactly what my missus has said to me, perhaps it is just over working, been doing a lot in my own garden after work, so perhaps that is whats done it,

:-)
    Dan Frazer Gardening said:

Best advice from me is to do your best to take it easy for a month. Try and use equipment to save the strain. Say no to certain jobs, just keep your body rested and eat lots. No late nights either!

• Will look at getting a new mattress, ours is a bit soft. 

Nick @ NM Garden Services (NMGS) said:

Good mattress makes all the difference. I splashed out on a Tempur mattress last year and said goodbye to loads of aches and pains :) Paul @ PPCH Services said:

I would look at changing your matress, After back pains 2 years back this was one of the thing my physio advised along with changing computer chairs to one that suports the whole back, the matress made the most imediate differance.

These two things coupled with  the comfort drivers seat in the new sprinter van and streaching excercises to strengthen my core muscles have kept me pain free the last couple of years.

Udder mint from the farmers merchant also helps with the actual pain as it stimulates blood flow.

• Thanks Duncan.... I think,   lol,

probably doesn't help that i am a bit on the heavy side. perhaps i should cut down on the beer!!

Duncan said:

Yep, old age, nowt to worry about. I'm two years ahead of you, doesn't get any better.

Muscle tissue needs 48 Hrs to recover and regenerate torn fibre really. A whey protein shake will help this process and build smooth muscle tissue but all the same, working every day your body doesn't really get a chance to right itself. Work once every two days would be nice!

I had lime disease two years ago, thought it was hanging on somehow but it isn't, it's just the effect of work. The small stabiliser muscles are the ones to work on, only so much you can do with big guns sadly! Some kind of warm up routine is best and just keep going, it's good to work, keeps the lymph system flowing.

The thing is, or bodies have a 'design life' of about forty years.. living a natural life like we do, working physically! It's what we are designed to do, but takes it's toll. Bummer.

• How long have you been doing these slabs and concrete jobs in your garden? About a month? ;)

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…