I bought the two rolled end frames to this bench about two years ago.
Over Christmas I restored it by cleaning off the old paint and adding new hardwood slats and bolts.
It took about a day to burn off the old paint, cut off the bolts, rub down the metal and apply linseed oil.
The slats are made from 150mm x 21mm decking planks. I ripped them down to 30mm wide and cut to 1450mm long. Routed the sharp edges with a roundover bit.
I used a simple jig to align the holes (they alternate as you can see in the picture).
The bolts were also burnt off to give the appearance of them being old.
The whole bench was finished off with a liberal coat of linseed oil, wiping off the excess.
Total cost (without labour) approx. £70.00
Add a Comment