About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Replies

• i think it could be mesmebryanthemum not sure if the spelling is correct,
  • Looks like you're right.  (Don't worry about the spelling :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpobrotus_edulis

Thanks Andrew.

• Looks like mesembryanthemum / Livingstone daisy - but the leaves are noticably thicker, and narrower than those I normally come accross.
  • It seems it's been re-classified.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpobrotus

• You're welcome :)   I used to grow these quite a lot in my own garden (when i had time to do my own garden) Some varieties do have thicker leaves than others i remember. I think they are a kind of succulent.
  • Looks like Delosperma to me....
  • You could be right Nick.  From the pictures it's difficult to tell the difference.
  • PRO

Yup it does fruit, it's known as the Hottentot fig. In South Africa the fruit is dried and sold on the roadside. Makes a decent chutney, but not really everyones taste.... not mine anyway!

Loads growing down here in Cornwall, especially near seaside cliffs etc. it has become somewhat of a problem. Smaller alternative would be Lampranthus 'Purple' or 'Tresco'. They are all great for trailing down Cornish stone walls.

• Thanks for the link Andrew but I'm not quite sure what the relevance is ?

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO

How Do You Qualify A Sales Lead?

I don't know about you, but our phones and emails are starting to get busy with enquiries. I've learned over the years that it's all too easy to answer the phone, arrange a consultation and then spend a couple of hours with a prospective client…

Read more…
Comments: 0