About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

What's the best knapsack sprayer?

Hi Everyone

I guess i should start by introducing myself! My name is Ross Mckinlay i have been running my business Blackwater Garden Services since Sept 2006. I work in the Colchester area mostly maintenance, domestic and commercial, but some turfing and fencing. I have replied to a few threads recently and have found the advice and discussions to be invaluable. It's helped me and my business no end so thanks to all!

Well I had better get to the point! I have looked at a few older threads and the recommendations for knapsack sprayers seem to be Berthoud, CP or Allman has anything changed? Or is that still the case? I will mostly being doing lawns so would welcome peoples advice . Before you ask I passed my PA1/PA6 last thursday at Writtle ! Accuracy and reliabilty are the priorities.

Thanks in advance

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nothing wrong with cooper pegler and berthoud...both are easy to get parts for. My berthoud has done 1.5 seasons without needing any replacements though.

• I 'inherited' an Allman X15, wouldn't recomend it as you can't regulate the pressure without buying a separate nozzle.

• Cooper Pegler CP 15 for me easy to operate, comfy on the shoulders, you don't want any thing larger (CP20) this will be its third season.

• I agree, 15-16l is more than enough

• PRO
    Bethoud Vermorel Pro Comfort is as brilliant as Paul suggests.
  • I've got six CP3 classics and two CP3 series 2000's. 20 litres goes in no time so i couldn't imagine spraying with anything of a smaller capacity. I don't think i'm missing out by not having a Berthoud but would  be willing to give one a try if they introduced a 20 litre model.

Spares prices are just a licence to print money and the lances are easy to damage in the back of a van.

• PRO

A little trick to protect lances...

- tie wrap a peice of soil pipe 2-3ft long just inside side or rear door.

When finished and loading van place/strap in sprayers and slot lances into pipe - will take two/three lances.

If you make it long enough that the handle rests on top of pipe opening, you protect your spray tip (as it does not hit floor)

• Thanks very much for all your help and advice. It looks like the berthoud might just edge it. The soil pipe tip sounds like a good idea too!

• Berthoud all the way for me!! very comfortable!

• Cheers Gary, will give this a try.

Gary RK said:

A little trick to protect lances...

- tie wrap a peice of soil pipe 2-3ft long just inside side or rear door.

When finished and loading van place/strap in sprayers and slot lances into pipe - will take two/three lances.

If you make it long enough that the handle rests on top of pipe opening, you protect your spray tip (as it does not hit floor)

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…