About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO
I am not going to influence the start of the debate by giving an opinion but it would be of great interest to know who is providing the best service for small to medium sized land-based businesses at the moment? Please contribute both positive or negative experiences.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It isn't Lloyds, that's for sure! I will be interested to see who gets recommended, because we'll be switching banks next year.
  • Always used RBS, better than ever now. You may scoff but always treated like royalty, no extra costs for speaking to clerk at my own branch and cheques and BACS clear within 48 hours. After all they belong to us now.
  • PRO
    I have been more than delighted with https://www.alliance-leicestercommercialbank.co.uk/

I switched from Natwest Business banking 3 years ago and have never looked back. Main advantages of A&L are:

FREE banking. Totally free - why pay transaction charges if you are in credit?
    Cheques/Cash can be paid in at any Post Office branch (as well as branched of A&L).

Main disadvantage is no dedicated bank manager but the call centre is in the UK (but office hours only + sat morning)
  • Totally agree with alliance and leicester being very good. Changed over to them last year and touch wood no problems yet.

I was with Abbey before and money went out of my account by mistake and took a few months to get refunded with just a £10 apology. I had the phone put down on me when I asked to speak to a superior!

Both Abbey & All Leicester are both under the Santander banner, but on the only occasion that I have had to phone Customer services they were extremely helpful.

NMGS said:
    I have been more than delighted with https://www.alliance-leicestercommercialbank.co.uk/

I switched from Natwest Business banking 3 years ago and have never looked back. Main advantages of A&L are:

FREE banking. Totally free - why pay transaction charges if you are in credit?
    Cheques/Cash can be paid in at any Post Office branch (as well as branched of A&L).

Main disadvantage is no dedicated bank manager but the call centre is in the UK (but office hours only + sat morning)
  • Nat West basically tried to shut me down and hence I don't have a good word to say about them! Lloyds TSB have been a god send and I am also very impressed with their internet banking as I can see cheques and other payments being deposited in real time.
  • Abbey has been fine for us, internet, free of charges for life if in credit anw within the transaction levels set which are quite generous. Also the bank never bother us trying to sell stuff.
  • When we joined the FSB we were offered free (as long as you are in credit) business banking with the Co-operative. The online banking facilities are a bit hit and miss, however, so far this has been the only exception.

The staff are excellent as is the service. I needed an overdraft to cover outlay for some big projects this year and got a decision within 30 seconds with facilities in place by the end of the phone conversation.

Having banked with most of the main banks over the years, I can tell people which ones to avoid. I won't mention which banks but I'm sure that most will guess when I say that the worst two are the most aggressive in their marketing.
  • PRO
    HSBC. Never had any problems and my local branch are nice and friendly and have never failed to help me with any queries.
  • has anyone had a high street bank loan since recession - to help with cash-flow , expansion, investment or vehicles from your bank or other ? not loan co.

IMO/ experience , they are all a rip-off ! and dont help you.
  • Im going to see what the bank will do, just got to arrange an apointmant, probaly easyer said than done. Well its either that or sell van and buy a cheeper one thats less suited!

Robin Ainsworth said:
    has anyone had a high street bank loan since recession - to help with cash-flow , expansion, investment or vehicles from your bank or other ? not loan co.

IMO/ experience , they are all a rip-off ! and dont help you.
This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO

How Do You Qualify A Sales Lead?

I don't know about you, but our phones and emails are starting to get busy with enquiries. I've learned over the years that it's all too easy to answer the phone, arrange a consultation and then spend a couple of hours with a prospective client…

Read more…
Comments: 0