So it's not been an easy year, but what are you looking forward to next year? 

I am looking forward to hearing all the news,  and perhaps being able to meet some of you (again). I am also looking forward to learning more about horticulture, solar energy, natural pools, wildlife out here in the countryside.

I hope to get some land and plant a vegetable patch that I won't have to leave behind. This year we did have leeks, courgettes (tons), tomatoes(cwt), artichokes, peppers, pumpkins (like cinderella's pumpkin they were/are on the large side), green beans, (about three) peas, carrots, strawberries, onions, potatoes, herbs such as marjoram, parsley, mint, lemon verbena, - not bad for a first attempt.

I hadn't realised we are all entitled to an allotment - Phil's post http://www.landscapejuice.com/2008/06/section-23-of-t.html Has everyone got access to one?

Next year I would like to grow some of John Cavill's stripey or black radishes, maybe some wheat, saffron (as a crop), and garlic as well as the veg from this year.

Personally, I am not really looking forward to the Queen's Diamond Jubilee but are there going to be lots of work opportunities for you there?

Views: 364

Reply to this topic

Replies to This Discussion

sorry for telling you off! i am only a youngan going from your pic,(lol) transit is the way to go, parts are cheap, quite good on fuel, i have got the t350 125ps 3 way tipper, and get just over 400 miles to a tank full, all the best for your next year but me & the misses are best suited the way we are

andrew doughty said:

Christ Phil, feel like i've been told off!! :-D

Anyway..... I think the transit may be the route i take, I'm maintenance. got a renault Kangoo at the minute and it is nearly bursting at the seams, so got to get something bigger really.

phil smith said:

looking forward to getting married? i have been with my misses for 18 years this jan 24th 2012, never even got engaged, but every one knows we may just as well be married, but its only a bit of paper, call me a pesamist but if you are going to start seeing someone else then a bit of paper isnt going to stop you, if you love the other person than that will.

that aside what sort of van do you plan on getting, transits are a good choice depending on what you do, i am into hard landscaping and couldnt do without a 3 way tipper and a ifor tipper trailer, dont want to go down the rought of a 7.5tonner as they are to big to get into some peoples gardens 

andrew doughty said:

I'm looking forward to getting married,

and working hard again through the season and hopefully growing my business further,

Hopefully getting a new van.

Cheers Phil!

by the way I'm 53 !! 

lol
phil smith said:

sorry for telling you off! i am only a youngan going from your pic,(lol) transit is the way to go, parts are cheap, quite good on fuel, i have got the t350 125ps 3 way tipper, and get just over 400 miles to a tank full, all the best for your next year but me & the misses are best suited the way we are

andrew doughty said:

Anyway..... I think the transit may be the route i take, I'm maintenance. got a renault Kangoo at the minute and it is nearly bursting at the seams, so got to get something bigger really.

phil smith said:

looking forward to getting married? i have been with my misses for 18 years this jan 24th 2012, never even got engaged, but every one knows we may just as well be married, but its only a bit of paper, call me a pesamist but if you are going to start seeing someone else then a bit of paper isnt going to stop you, if you love the other person than that will.

that aside what sort of van do you plan on getting, transits are a good choice depending on what you do, i am into hard landscaping and couldnt do without a 3 way tipper and a ifor tipper trailer, dont want to go down the rought of a 7.5tonner as they are to big to get into some peoples gardens 

andrew doughty said:

and working hard again through the season and hopefully growing my business further,

Good luck with your marriage Andrew, whether it's just a bit of paper or not! and with getting a new van -

Carol

andrew doughty said:

phil smith said:

andrew doughty said:

Hey Carol, thank you!! :-)

Looking forward to re-starting the build of my house,

Managing to pass the motorbike test,

Paying off the overdraft,

20 new regular customers,

and a holiday in May . . .

(4 out of the 5 are wishful thinking)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Landscape Juice sponsored by

LJN Sponsors