i just got my new policy docs to start a new premium  (my broker shut down last year, unknown to me for a long time)

anyhow i checked the link below and got a good quote (inc tools in transit overnight!)

i dont need £2m p.l or £20m e.l or £20k hired plant this coming year.

so its sufficient for me for this year  £10k plant insured for use and theft inc.http://www.comparethemarket.com/business-insurance/compare-tradesma...

check what you need this Year ,as my brokers yearly charge to me has increased each last 5 years and i dont need it at the moment - you can Always add when required without paying for hired plant for 6mths unnecessary etc !

take 3 mins to get a quate : you may be VERY surprised:





Tags: cheshire, compare, garden, gardeners, gardens4u.co.uk, insurance, london, putney, quality, save, More…services, shropshire, staffordshire

Views: 46

Reply to this topic

Replies to This Discussion

Public and Products Liability
£1,000,000
Employers' Liability
£10,000,000
Employees Tools
£1,000
Tools overnight
£1,000
Goods in transit
£1,000
Own Plant
£10,000

ok only for basic garden maintenance needs but thats all i need and will get paid out for....
Hi Gardens4U,
If you went to Compare The Market, you have got a quote from Simply Business. We can help you discuss your quote if you want to make some changes. My colleague Tim can contact you.
Let me know if we can help you.

Best regards,
Jasper


Gardens4u.co.uk said:
Public and Products Liability
£1,000,000
Employers' Liability
£10,000,000
Employees Tools
£1,000
Tools overnight
£1,000
Goods in transit
£1,000
Own Plant
£10,000

ok only for basic garden maintenance needs but thats all i need and will get paid out for....
yes thats right - GLENHAM came up cheapest and best - ive been with fortis/groupama/towergate.

even moneysupermarket goes through you - so no point trying any other search sites !

just spoke to James @ Simply business - so ill be going with you . cheers

Jasper Martens said:
Hi Gardens4U,
If you went to Compare The Market, you have got a quote from Simply Business. We can help you discuss your quote if you want to make some changes. My colleague Tim can contact you.
Let me know if we can help you.

Best regards,
Jasper


Gardens4u.co.uk said:
Public and Products Liability
£1,000,000
Employers' Liability
£10,000,000
Employees Tools
£1,000
Tools overnight
£1,000
Goods in transit
£1,000
Own Plant
£10,000

ok only for basic garden maintenance needs but thats all i need and will get paid out for....
I went with Simply Business, £129
1 million liability
£3000 tools and machinery in van overnight
no treework
Adequate for garden maintenance for me
Ok, that's great to hear!

Landscape Juice is one of our partners too. If you want to renew with us and support Landscape Juice, you can simply click on this link https://www.simplybusiness.co.uk/dorfq/businessinsurance/1.htm?ref_... and we will support Landscape Juice.

Best regards,
Jasper
Simply Business


Greenlawns said:
I went with Simply Business, £129
1 million liability
£3000 tools and machinery in van overnight
no treework
Adequate for garden maintenance for me
Hi,

I've had policies through simply business for the last 3 years and groupama trades liability insurance 3 years prior to this. I take out a dual trade garden maintenance and landscapers liability cover and have always been happy with the price and service provided.

On talking to the sales advisor for my latest renewal however i discovered we are unable to put up fencing, lay a patio, work in a pond greater than 25m3 capacity or prune any shrub or hedge over 3m in height. Very restricting considering our main source of income is from maintenance and landscaping. It seems that any business activity where there may be some form of risk has been excluded from the cover. Check policy exclusions carefully and make sure you mention all the different types of work are carry out, otherwise you may find yourself inadequately covered like i did.
I tried to get a quote from Direct Line last year (after being sent a targetted sales letter and 'cheque book of offers) but didn't as they would insure us as landscapers/Gardeners if we used machinery over 90dba ! - even the quietest lawnmower exceeds this.

Couldn't get any sense out of call centre as to why or if this could be changed as all they kept mentioning was 'the underwriters, the underwriters' with no logic or supporting reasons. Said I would have to write in if I wanted more info.

Guess what ? - we didn't go with them - stayed with Aviva in the end.
Hi Colin,

Thanks for carrying out a quote for your business insurance with us at Simply Business. If you are interested in insuring £6,000 worth of tools overnight in your van it is certainly an aspect of the cover that we can look into and organise for you. As an insurance broker we have the ability to offer cover for tools in a vehicle overnight up to a value of £10,000. If you have any queries or questions please feel free to contact me. http://www.simplybusiness.co.uk/social/online-customer-support

Kind Regards

Tim
Simply Business




colin said:
i had a quick quote through sb and found similar. biggest problem is getting adequate cover for 6k of tools especially when theyre in my van

Richard Newman said:
Hi,

I've had policies through simply business for the last 3 years and groupama trades liability insurance 3 years prior to this. I take out a dual trade garden maintenance and landscapers liability cover and have always been happy with the price and service provided.

On talking to the sales advisor for my latest renewal however i discovered we are unable to put up fencing, lay a patio, work in a pond greater than 25m3 capacity or prune any shrub or hedge over 3m in height. Very restricting considering our main source of income is from maintenance and landscaping. It seems that any business activity where there may be some form of risk has been excluded from the cover. Check policy exclusions carefully and make sure you mention all the different types of work are carry out, otherwise you may find yourself inadequately covered like i did.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Landscape Juice sponsored by

LJN Sponsors

UK waste transfer stations

© 2014   Landscape Juice ® Limited - Registered in England 08356644

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service