About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO

Top 5 Issues for 2012

Ok, its the New Year and you've done your due diligence during the Christmas Break and, if like me, you now have a list of 'issues' to address for this year.....

How about a 'Poll'  to collectively bring these all together to see what common points we all share and how LJN and its members could help?

If you are willing, I suggest listing your top 5 issues (not so much goals, but 'issues'..), in priority order as succinctly as possible. Keep it business & professional like and relevant to your activity - such as practical guidance, red tape, employment, marketing, advertising, machinery investment, accounting, training issues etc.

eg;

- Looking at a new business avenue - but do not know how to progress. Can I do "xyz" alongside my current business ?

- Want to employ someone, how much does it cost, how does it affect my charges ?

- Best way to increase my profitability ?

- Increase Web presence - is it worth it - best way - websites, SEO, QRcodes

- Want to increase my charges - but don't know my costs. How do I work it out?

- What training or accreditation would be good for my marketplace

- What do I gain by joining an association. Would it benefit my business?

The potential list is endles..............

After a period of time, these can be consolidated to see what the real issues everyone is facing.

Then we have an opportunity for some self-help, guidance or can approach the right entity for further help.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO
    1: increase company web presence
    2: gain new customers, with said increased web presence
    3: win new work at my charge rates, winning the work by giving added value to the customers not winning the work on being the cheapest quote
    4: invest in a new ride-on
    5: lastly but certainly not the least important, retain my current work force, they've been diamonds for me since they started with me
  • same here, no changes other then investing in a newish mini digger

• 1) Continue growth so that two employees are full time by end of 2012

2) Go vat reg 

3) Start and CONTINUE a regular marketing campaign 

4) Try and keep rising business costs as minimal as pos without detriment to the company.

5) Increase company web presence (ACTUALLY IF SOMEONE COULD PM ME WITH HOW I CAN FIND OUT HOW MY SITE DOES ON GOOGLE THAT WOULD BE GREAT. I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE I AM PLACED ON GOOGLE USING CERTAIN KEYWORDS. Sorry gary not trying to steal your post.)

• 1. Continue training and expanding my services into tree work and pressure washing. Also get a small annual lawn care round going, mowing plus whatever additional services are needed, price monthly over 12 months.

2. Gain some new commercial contracts and clients, ideally around £30k pa in total in 2012.

3. Find one full time member of staff I can trust enough to consider them leading a second team come 2013.

4. Purchase a reliable van (2-3yrs old) and find premises for a larger 12x6 trailer (in addition to my current 10x5) and general storage.

5. Run more efficient admin systems in 2012. Much has been moved across to easier systems this winter already and I want to maintain it like this.

• 1.   Gain full diary of private customers and commercial contracts.

2.   Get the 'right' customers for my business and deliver high standards to them at the correct rate.

3.   Buy a suitable lpg transit, get it fully sign written and buy a quality twin axle trailer.

4.   Continue to invest in high quality mowers and machinery.

5.   Invest in training (imminent) to get PA & CS tickets. 

• Normally i plan ahead for the next year during december,this year i have spent most of the month networking on line.

i have woken up this morning jan 3rd with a list of tasks and the pressure is on to get them in place.

1- find an accountant -paye,-set up ltd-help with business plan

2-find a marketing co-new web site, brand PR,adverts.

3-get a new phone number

4-Find new apprentices,1x construction,1x esin surfacing

5- find new premises

the list goes on,looking at it i also need to find extra money to pay for it all.

• PRO

1) Continue to find more interesting work

2) Persue the higher end of domestic work

3) Promote eco friendliness

4) Get a company logo and work on image

5) Work on website

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…