About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

tanaka 230 brush cutter?

was in local dealers today looking at 1 had actually thought the 240 first because it had more power but the guy put me off by saying that model was chinese made and get loads in for repairs but the smaller 230 is japanese made and rarely come in for repairs, anyways......be grateful of some opinions on it by anyone whos got/had/used them before, are they as good as the top brands? and thought it might be a little under powered? did love the weight and feel of it and the fact its 100 quid cheaper than husky i was going to get but then id be happy to pay the extra 100 for a superiour machine that would last longer, cheers

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

Hi John, 230 is a great little lightweight tool, I have one myself.

I have all Tanaka 2 stroke stuff so can vouch for its build quality.

Tanaka 230 engine works well on their long reach hedge cutter and/or pole saw too.

My dealer doesn't rate the 240 machine either though.....

• cheers adam, im kinda leaning towards the 230 now probably just hold off til beginning of next season now before getting 1, any idea of vibration levels on it?

• PRO

Pass on vibration levels but I have used one for several hours at a time.

Obviously not a heavy duty brush cutter but quite adequate for normal use with a 'mowing head' I find.

Wouldn't wait too long as rumor has it that model may be discontinued soon.

• hmmmmm the 1 i was looking at in shop today not on tanaka website actually the 230 on website a split shaft so maybe have already stopped making it, dunno if id wanna rush out and buy 1 to use for a few shifts then spend next 4/5 months in the shed, that could just aboout pay for 1 of the kids xmas pressies lol and just had to buy a new blower the other week to i dont think shed be impressed with me lol

• PRO
    Adam is right the 230 full shaft as now been discontinued, brought my second one recently
    The only place now that's selling them is abbey garden sales, and said early next year they all be gone, they told me to about the 240, they still going make the 230 but it Will be in the split
    Shaft type, the 230 is a well balanced machine...
  • can still pick up the older 230 virtually everywhere that sells tanaka online and a nearby dealer for now, might not be the case come the beginning of next season i dont think id let a split shaft put me off anyway aslongs its still the same quality japanesse built machine infact id imagine it would be better with a split shaft if you were going to use any of the other attachments for it regularly be a lot easier and quicker changing them over in saying that i dont know if i would and the few places i have seen selling split shaft version its abit more expensive and that itself would be a deal breaker because there is better machines out there when you get into the £300+ market

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…