About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Sprocket/Bar Stud Gone On Stihl MS211

Anyone else threaded the thread on the engine housing where the bar stud screws in? Did you manage to fix it? I'm considering getting a larger stud if Mr Solutions can come up with one, otherwise it's a case of scrapping the saw!

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO
    Have you tried a helicoil?
  • Not yet, I was going to try locktite 242 and see if that did the trick!

• Mine got stuck the other day. Managed to carefully remove and separate and then replace. Not sure of any other ways round though!! If it does it again it's going back as mine is under 1 year old
  • As Darren says, Helicoil is the solution. No adhesive, locktite, will hold it unfortunately..... the forces are just too strong. A larger stud would require the bar hole to be drilled out etc but could theoretically be done..... you'll obviously need to drill and tap the new thread..... not just force the larger stud into the hole!!

• PRO Supplier
    There is an oversize stihl bolt made for this problem. Will check it fits ms211 tomorrow and update but 99% sure it does. Main cause of this failure is over tightening the nut in first place which causes the bolt to strip it's original thread.
  • Thanks guys managed to order an oversized stud now, it should be with me by the end of the week. I will let you know how I get on with fitting it and the success.

Thanks again for you thoughts and input.

• please do - why is it only the 211 ?

• PRO Supplier

Stihl bolt does fit MS211 and most of the other models. Part number 11236642405 from your Stihl dealer at about £3.00 Can only be repaired once this way, and key is not to over tighten the nuts. Also check side casing has not been worn down through lots of use causing the nut to run off the thread at bottom end of the stud which makes it lock and undo the stud instead of the nut when you loosen it.

• ?

• All sorted and fixed! I managed to get an oversized bar stud from a local dealer and a Loctite alternative from a local car spares shop. I've been using it for a few hours today and it's all ok.

Thanks for the advice and opinions guys.

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO

How Do You Qualify A Sales Lead?

I don't know about you, but our phones and emails are starting to get busy with enquiries. I've learned over the years that it's all too easy to answer the phone, arrange a consultation and then spend a couple of hours with a prospective client…

Read more…
Comments: 0