About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO

QR (Quick Response) Codes - who uses them ?

Anyone have real / practical experience of using QR Codes (mobile tagging) ?

If so, how have you found them ?

What media have you placed them on ?

What have you included in the Code - URL, Email, Tel ?

Anyone got them on clothing ?

Do you track responses ?

We're looking to put them on the Vans and some of our marketing collateral

p.s. if you want to find out more, here's one place to start from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_Code

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

A couple of handy website articles that might help people:

How to Use QR Codes to Promote Your Business

QR codes: marketing objectives first, tech second

• Hello Gary,

We are using QR codes with some promising results. We had them printed on all of our catalogues at the end of last year and have seen a steady flow of traffic from them. They are particularly useful when you want to send a customer to a part of your website with an obscure/long url. That way there is no room for typing errors.

Many of our customers still do not know what QR codes are but with the big companies now using them I think we'll see a lot more growth in this area. Also a third of all UK adults are now using smart phones and the vast majority of them come with QR readers as standard.

If you can think of innovative ways to use them I would definitely say go for it. They are free to create so the only thing you have to lose is a bit of time. Make sure you are offering something of use, and also ensure that the page you are directing your customers to is smart phone friendly.

Some ways we intend to use QR codes in future:

- On treatment bottles & furniture labels showing customers how to treat or care for their furniture

- On cushions covers - allowing customers to reorder if necessary

- On advertisements with incentivised actions (i.e. scan this code to receive 10% off of your next garden furniture purchase)

Robert.

• PRO

Ive got quite excited over these codes (I know, sad git)

We tried it today by generating a QR code of our website, priniting it out on A4 and sticking it to the back of the van.

Then we used a QR reader on an iPhone which scanned it in real time and sent the phone's web browser straight to our website.

How powerful is that !!!!.

Think of the implications if your vans in traffic with potential clients alongside/behind etc.

By changing the QR code we can also get the iPhone to open and create a new email contact or, get this, call the phone number embedded in the code.

No remembering details, client just opens the QR reader, scans the code - wherever it may be - and its connected to that company by the chosen media.

WOW...

• PRO
    QR codes particularly useful for adding contacts Gary; it really saves a lot of fiddling with the key board and it's fast too.

The code you've embedded above is just for your email address, is that correct?
  • PRO

Yes Phil, that one's my email.

If fact some 'enterprising' LJN member has sussed it out and emailed me already !

We've found some Generators that also allow you to change the foreground colour (as long as there is sufficient contrast its fine) and also embedded tag lines below the code (ie your business name, website in characters as well).

Some generators will also allow your 'logo' to become part of the code.

Excuse this 'Eureka' moment, but the implications of this simple concept are huge....

• PRO
    5 Steps to a Successful QR Code Marketing Campaign
    http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/5-steps-to-a-successful-qr-code-...
  • PRO

I understand that Domino's Pizza has started to add QR codes on their menus....persumably you'll be able to just scan in the pizza you want using  their smartphone app and it'll get ordered.  Clever stuff.

I read a report or some news item this week where they reported it took years for people to come to terms with "online shopping", but now the indusrty pundits reckon it will take people less than half 'that' time to come to terms with "mobile shopping".

It's a fast, fast moving world

• PRO

QR Code Use Jumped 617% From January to December in Top 100 Magazines, New Nellymoser Study Reveals

A Record 4468 Mobile Action Codes Appeared in Ads and Editorial Pages. QR Code Market Share Reaches 80%

Number of QR Codes in 2011 increases monthly.

Quote startThe average number of codes per magazine issue grew – from 2.33 in Q1 to 6.50 in Q4 2011.

Arlington, MA (PRWEB) January 26, 2012

QR codes and other mobile action codes, including Microsoft Tags and 2D barcodes, grew a dramatic 617% from January to December 2011 in the Top 100 U.S. magazines, according to an in-depth study released today by Massachusetts-based Nellymoser, a mobile marketing and technology company. Advertisers drove the majority of QR and action code growth. From January to December, the percent of ad pages containing a code jumped from 3.6% to 8.36%.

For its latest study, Nellymoser analyzed the top 100 U.S. magazines by circulation and analyzed the published issues from January to December 2011, covering 164,255 pages. The company scanned every QR and action code, activated every campaign, ran every video and visited every web page. Findings showed significant growth in many areas including:

Read more: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/1/prweb9140465.htm

• This is interesting i was thinking about this the other day after seeing one on a local businesses van how do you get yourself a quick response code and how do you assign it to your website etc?

• PRO

The answer's above, but basically you use (free or purchased) software to generate the QR Code graphics (which can contain, amounst other things; URL or email or Tel).

This graphics file is then downloaded and used as an image on your website, vehicle or printed material etc

The prospective client thus sees the "code" and uses a QR code reader (free on many smartphones) to access the embedded information - ie link to URL or email etc

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO

How Do You Qualify A Sales Lead?

I don't know about you, but our phones and emails are starting to get busy with enquiries. I've learned over the years that it's all too easy to answer the phone, arrange a consultation and then spend a couple of hours with a prospective client…

Read more…
Comments: 0