Hi Everyone

my New website is live, with a focus on my garden talks and consultations (which are what bring in my planting and renovation work)

Would you please have a look at www.plantpassion.co.uk

and let me know if everything works - particularly what browsers you are looking at it in.

and if someone would send me a message from the form i'd be grateful

All the photos are mine ;)

I'm working on the Seo this evening, - so I realise that isn't up to date yet.

Thank you

Claire

Views: 595

Reply to this topic

Replies to This Discussion

thanks guys for all the feedback.

Majority of my customers come from recommendation, or my talks and workshops - the website is to back up what they've already heard of me.

Most common search terms to find me over the last 3 years are Plantpassion, - Claire Brown, Garden Design/er Horsley or Cobham or Guildford, Border planting surrey, Expert gardener surrey

I will look at rewording the Consultation page, but feel Gardening with Knowledge in 3 places on the home page should tell people what I do? - thoughts please?

yes the dots - they dont seem in keeping with the rest of the design . The rest is nice and clean and bright.

Claire Brown said:

do you mean the dots?

is it a personal thing, or doesn't it work in your browser?

"Gardening with Knowledge" OK I'll take a punt, you teach people how to garden?

Hi Richard,

yes I do, - either in one to one sessions working alongside them, - or at talks and workshops and with consultations.

But I will take your point and work out if I can make that clearer - thanks for your feedback

Hi Claire

My pleasure over the years I've had a very few people turn around and go, ....what, that's crap, oh you could do that much better and I put 100 * more value in their comments than the "oh it's lovely " brigade. It's difficult to ask strangers for their input but in my opinion you really do get honesty.

I am talking to a copywriter at the moment and she must be the bluntest person in the entire galaxy. There is nothing right with the Real Oasis website, everything is crap...I've got a tough skin, so don't mind but she does have some good points, enough to wake me up and start to rethink...

One thing to bare in mind is that mobile viewers are really on the up. I get quite a lot of traffic (for a niche field) and mobile traffic is now nudging 10% of total, so worth looking at how you can provide a good experience for that element. It is estimated that by 2015 it will be well above 50%.

Hi Claire - really love the idea of the packages you offer, and is really colourful but agree with Richard - I read the Home page blurb in detail, then went thru the site, with my eye only being drawn across the Tabs border, most people tend to read left to right.  I looked at the Blog and saw an article about bouquets and actually went back to the home page to check what you were offering. This is because your Consultations and Workshop is not displayed on the tab across the top - which is your main selling feature and then they only appear on your home page so you have to navigate back to the Home page to see them. 

And sorry this prob sounds really picky but not meant to be, so hope you don't mind: I looked on IE and Firefox and words were cutoff/truncated in the side panels, use of capitals (or not) is not consistent throughout your dot points. The squiggly font for Twitter etc is difficult to read and I cannot make out the first character, I assume its an '@'?,  and not sure why the packages are named a colour and then background and text for these are completely different colours to the names or at least not bordered by the colour, or was this intentional?

i've added in some new wording, and a new Services page now

http://www.plantpassion.co.uk/we_offer.php

- what do you think? - does it make it clearer what I do?

Yes it adds clarity....

But as I said before & Trish has said above, quite a lot of text is not aligned in your colour boxes correctly, especially on your packages page and your red text boxes, with words remaining invisible.

One other note, 'Gardening with knowledge' does not imply that you offer training, advice or consultations.  Just, that you know what you're doing.

And note, with our name 'Ask-King 4 Gardening' emblazoned across our van & embroidered front & back on our garments, still people ask, do you do gardening? when we are stood next to the vehicle. LOL

Claire Brown said:

i've added in some new wording, and a new Services page now

http://www.plantpassion.co.uk/we_offer.php

- what do you think? - does it make it clearer what I do?

thanks Geoffrey - thought we'd got all of those, - please can you tell me what browser you're looking at it on.

we've got macs and pc and have tested it on Firefox, safari, IE and both i-pad and i-phone and can't recreate that.

Hi Claire,

My browser is Firefox 10.02, the text overflows, truncations, etc are the same now as when I first looked at your site.  Give me a bell, I'll go through it now, to explain what I see.

Claire Brown said:

thanks Geoffrey - thought we'd got all of those, - please can you tell me what browser you're looking at it on.

we've got macs and pc and have tested it on Firefox, safari, IE and both i-pad and i-phone and can't recreate that.

Hi Claire

Just looked at your site which looks ok. 

I would say though if I was looking I would not contact you. My reason is simple and I know a lot of others feel the same.

There is no landline phone number and no business address. To me that makes it look iffy sorry.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LJN Sponsors

Advertisers

UK waste transfer stations

© 2014   Landscape Juice ® Limited - Registered in England 08356644

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service