Hi, my names Will and i'm based in the Midlands- Shrewsbury to be exact.

I've been landscaping now for approx 14 years, working for a couple of local companies as a labourer first,  learning on the job, then about 6 years ago i started out by myself.

I will admit it was very hard at first, the competition here is quiet fierce so i had a bit of trouble  getting 'on the scene' so to speak. However i persevered and did quite well, most of my projects were through word of mouth.

Work then ground to a halt during the last recession and i found it a lot easier to groundwork for construction companies- all i needed to do was turn up for work: as we all know, the amount of hours a landscape business puts into prospective site visits, quote work, as well as the advertising aspect= a lot more than the average 45 hours actually on site working.

I have now returned to the private sector since i love the interaction of meeting the customer, discussing what exactly they are looking for and then making their project come to life. I have actually designed my own website now ( was a bit of a technophobe) and whilst looking for ways to increase my SEO, came across an article suggesting joining Forums related to my area of business. 

Hence, that is the reason how i found this site. I have read a couple of articles on the forum here, checked out some members profiles and realized that this is an aspect of my life that has been missing for a while- the ability to read and talk about my chosen area with people in the same field (pardon the pun). The girlfriend has no interest in my work -she is a council pen pusher, so hopefully i will be able to have some chats on here, learn some stuff and be able to pass on some info as well. 

Anyways, i've rambled on enough for now, i hope to chat to you all at some point in the future. 

Regards, Will.

Views: 177

Reply to this topic

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Gaynor, thanks for the welcome- iv'e had a quick look at your site and congratulations on your awards! fingers crossed on a third year of success. I'm up late due to quoting too, i have however become sidetracked by this site and am having a good look now, luckily i have 3 days off between projects so can afford to give my back a bit of rest and have a good peek and see what this site is about. 

I look forward to meeting more members soon.

Hello Will, welcome to LJN, there's lots of good people on here, we're a friendly bunch. I hope you enjoy the site!

Regards

Andy

Hi Will

we are also shrewsbury ish based give us a call if we can help on any projects.

regards Chris

Hi Chris,

i'll send you a pm, thanks,Will

Hiya Will welcome to the site :) Yasmin 

Hi Will

I hope you are enjoying the site and finding it useful?

There's a lot of very useful info on here and very knowledgeable people; also feel free to add anything you feel might be of use to others.

Kind regards

Phil

Hi Will

Welcome onboard m8

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Landscape Juice sponsored by

LJN Sponsors

© 2014   Landscape Juice ® Limited - Registered in England 08356644

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service