I've got my annual meeting with the accountant in a couple of weeks to submit my end of year accounts for him to deal with.

Anyone got any tips on things we should claim for ?

I claim for use of home as office and the obvious things like tools, etc.

I read on LJN recently a post by someone, ( I think it was Progard ), who said they claim for laundering work clothes.

I've never claimed for that and it's the sort of tip I was thinking of, something you can claim for that's not necessarily claimed by the majority or you think people are not generally aware of.

Tags: accountant, accounts, claims, tax

Views: 55

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

How's the mouth bearing up John..sounds painfull...I've had abcesses before and lost a couple of teeth because of them.

Tax deductable expense? Mole(ar)work?

I put my LJ donation through the business.

John www.acegardenservices.co.uk said:
A donation to LJN.
I can't remember if I included my LJN donation in the years accounts that I have just sent to the accountant.
Can't remember which month I donated it either.
Not quite sure how much it was.
Or if I actually did it,? - perhaps it was APL.

Must check the side effects of these antibiotics.

ROWLY HILL said:
How's the mouth bearing up John..sounds painfull...I've had abcesses before and lost a couple of teeth because of them.

Tax deductable expense? Mole(ar)work?

I put my LJ donation through the business.

John www.acegardenservices.co.uk said:
A donation to LJN.
Apparently if your clothing has your business logo or badge on it then it can be put through as a business expense. There was a very interesting item on Radio 4 Money Box this week - it can be downloaded as a podcast here http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/moneybox
Actually - scrub that link, it was another program and I cant remember what it was!

Sarah Russell said:
Apparently if your clothing has your business logo or badge on it then it can be put through as a business expense. There was a very interesting item on Radio 4 Money Box this week - it can be downloaded as a podcast here http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/moneybox

RSS

LJN Sponsors

Advertisers

UK waste transfer stations

© 2014   Landscape Juice ® Limited - Registered in England 08356644

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service