We use Belle mixers and always seem to have problems with the engines. We have used Robin engines in the past and gave up on them because of unreliability.

More recently we've used Honda engines and about 18 months ago an engine started smoking a lot, our plant hire company /supplier said it's some component inside that wears out, leaks oil hence the smoke and that he found it's better to buy new than to attempt to repair.

18 months down the line and the same problem has occured again. Any one familiar with this and if so what did you do - Repair or replace ?

Tags: Belle, Honda, Mixer

Views: 644

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Gary

To date this ebay seller seems to have the answer to most Belle Mixer problems, swift delivery.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-BELLE-MIXER-CEMENT-DRUM-150-140-PETRO...

Kerry
I had a belle petrol mixer with a Honda engine for over 12 years and it never missed a beat, the issue I had was with the paddles inside the drum and the welds kept breaking, I finally scrapped it because the drum was looking tatty but the engine is still going to this day as I gave it to a builder friend

I now have a electric belle mixer what is so quite compared to the petrol version, the only reason I changed from petrol to electric is they are over £ 100 cheaper
no problem what so ever, normally ask if its OK to leave an extension lead plugged in and leave it in a plastic bag with a plastic bucket over the top in case it rains

or if they have a power supply have a key to the garage or shed
I bought an electric Belle just over 12months ago. Last October it started to cut out on a job. The cooling fan had disintegrated. Still under warranty fortunately and quickly fixed..but the dealer suggested this was a common problem as they'd had others back with the same problem. Probably out sourcing for cheaper components but compromising on long term build quality..shame. Otherwise a great mixer...

Mick Gammage said:
I had a belle petrol mixer with a Honda engine for over 12 years and it never missed a beat, the issue I had was with the paddles inside the drum and the welds kept breaking, I finally scrapped it because the drum was looking tatty but the engine is still going to this day as I gave it to a builder friend

I now have a electric belle mixer what is so quite compared to the petrol version, the only reason I changed from petrol to electric is they are over £ 100 cheaper

RSS

Landscape Juice sponsored by

LJN Sponsors

UK waste transfer stations

© 2014   Landscape Juice ® Limited - Registered in England 08356644

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service