This is the story of one of the most bizarre and discouraging episodes in my gardening career.

I was still working at my local garden centre and thinking about beginning to take flight to set up the garden maintenance business which I now run. One of my neighbours asked me if I would go over the road and just weed their garden for them - it was a reasonably small area that they wanted tidying. I had known the neighbours for a few months - my wife and I had always seen the family and their two young children while we were sitting out or working in our own garden.

Everything was going fine, I had nearly finished - it only took a couple of hours - and the little 'rockery' which borders the patio next to the back door was looking much tidier. As I was finishing off in the rockery, I heard a vaguely familiar sound and one which I wasn't expecting to hear in the garden. I didn't turn round to look to the source of the sound as I realised what it was. The little girl, who was probably about 3 or 4 years old at the time, was peeing on the patio, about 4 foot away from me! I am so glad I didn't have any of my tools left out on the patio.

I finished the tidying as quickly as I could, and as I worked the last half-hour or so I kept repeating to myself "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Views: 35

Reply to this topic

Replies to This Discussion

What step number are you on now?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LJN Sponsors

Advertisers

UK waste transfer stations

© 2014   Landscape Juice ® Limited - Registered in England 08356644

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service